Crowd attacks UN convoy in CAR: one staff member injured A staff member of the UN Mission, MINUSCA, in the Central African Republic (CAR) has been injured after a crowd attacked a convoy on Tuesday. MINUSCA personnel were visiting Bornou village, in the centre of CAR, following reports that a person had been killed there. A crowd gathered and began throwing stones at the convoy, injuring one female staff member. Vladimir Monteiro, MINUSCA spokesperson, said that the Mission had been subject to previous isolated incidents that were similar, but team members were advised to remain calm and not over-react. "Sometimes these kinds of incidents are fuelled by armed groups or other people with a hidden agenda. We want to ensure them that we are impartial, and we are here to help them." He said MINUSCA was working alongside local authorities to try and improve social cohesion in the country, which is still recovering from sectarian conflict which erupted in 2013. SOURCE: Matthew Wells, United Nations.